Lighten Up with Laughter Yoga- Laughter is medicine for the soul. Learn how laughing for no reason can create a healthier, happier life with a ho ho and a lot of ha ha ha! Laughter Yoga combines interactive laughter exercises with deep centering breaths and gentle movements. It is a joyful, playful way to connect with others and laugh away stress and negative thinking. Laughter is stimulated without relying on humor, jokes or comedy. Simple child-like silliness can often ignite the chuckle button.
Join us March 3rd at 11am for 1-hour, you will be guided through laughter exercises, clapping, eye contact and child-like playfulness. The “simulated” laughter soon turns into real, spontaneous and contagious laughter increasing oxygen to our body and brain, lifting our spirits, spreading joy and good vibes to ourselves and others. A total win/win.
All ages and abilities welcome, no experience necessary.
Benefits of laughter include:
- Laughter releases endorphins, giving us the ‘feel good factor
- Acts as aerobic exercise and is like ‘internal jogging’
- Unleashes inhibitions, breaks down barriers
- Great team building tool encourages better communication
- Helps boost our immune system which helps us resist disease;
- Tones muscles, improves respiration and circulation
- Encourages positive thinking and creativity
- Relaxes the whole body by reducing stress and tension
Presenter: Linda Parker
Free will offering, donations welcome