Before You Visit Mariandale…
You’re coming to the Center at Mariandale, and we can’t wait to meet you! Plan to explore the center during your visit, and don’t miss any of our special features, both indoors and outdoors.
- Mariandale’s 61-acre land, with nature and contemplative space to explore individually or with a community.
- The Seven-Circuit Labyrinth, just past the main visitor parking lot, is an archetypal symbol of the life/spiritual journey, a trust walk in search of the inner true self or the Divine, and a renewed understanding of life’s meaning and purpose.
- The Juniper Healing Hut, designed by David Robinson, founder of Natural Edge, and former director of Restoration for Central Park in New York City.
- The Nature Trail, which winds along the perimeter of the property.
- The Resource Room, our Gift Shop, for hand-crafted gifts, cards and mementos.
- Swimming Pool and Picnic Grounds (open June 1 through Labor Day) overlook the Hudson River and can accommodate upwards of 40 guests. Swimming is only permitted with on-duty lifeguards.
Did you know that pollinators come in all shapes and sizes? Over 100,000 invertebrate species — such as bees, moths, butterflies, beetles, and flies — serve as pollinators worldwide. At least 1,035 species of vertebrates, including birds, mammals, and reptiles, also pollinate many plant species.
What to Bring to the Center at Mariandale
- Personal toiletries (mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush, body wash, shampoo and conditioner; we provide bar soap)
- As we provide a limited number of hairdryers per floor, you are welcome to bring your own
- A swimming towel, if you wish to use the swimming pool.
- Insect Repellent for nature walks
- Suncreen/Sunblock (optional), if you wish to use the pool, or sunbathe
- If you have dietary allergies, and you need special snacks, please feel free to bring them.
- Binoculars, if you enjoy bird watching or star gazing. Mariandale has more than 30 species of birds visiting the land and trees.
Mariandale Visitor Policies
- Arrival: Upon arrival, please be sure to check in with our Front Desk personnel in Building 5 (the building with the half-circle driveway), so
that we are aware of your arrival and needs to better assist you during your stay.
- Door Code: See your Group Leader for the Door Code.
- Security: We have security personnel at the front desk throughout the evening.
- Parking: Please be sure to park your vehicle/buses in the Visitors’ Parking lot.
- Meal Times: Meal times are as follow in our Dining Room (ground floor): Breakfast: 8-9am, Lunch: 12-1pm, Dinner: 6-7pm
- Smoking: The center is a smoke-free building. The only designated area for smoking is outside the north entrance, or the door at the opposite end of the hall from the shield door.
- Accommodations: If you need to change bedrooms for any reason, please request this through our front desk personnel.
- Fire Safety: If the fire alarm sounds, you must evacuate the building immediately.
- Snacks/Beverages: Coffee/tea/water and fruit are available in the dining room at all times. Please DO NOT bring beverages, other than water to carpeted rooms.
- Conduct: Please be as quiet as possible in the bedroom areas: refrain from using cell phones, loud talking, and please close doors quietly. For dialogue/conversation, please feel free to
converse on the ground level or first floor.
- Departure: Bedrooms must be vacated at 11 am promptly on the morning of your departure. Please strip the bed (leaving the mattress pad on). Place soiled sheets, towels, and face cloths in the pillow case and leave them outside your bedroom door. Please DO NOT re-make your bed.
- Comfort: There are extra blankets, towels, and a pillow in the closets. There are also thermostats near the door to assure a comfortable room temperature.
Services Available During Your Stay
The Center at Mariandale works with certified specialists who offer Healing Touch and Massage sessions by appointment.
To schedule a session with one of our certified experts in our Wellness Room, please e-mail Karen Bernard at email@example.com, or call 914-941-4455 (ext. 106), prior to your visit. Mariandale’s Wellness Services will enhance your visit and help you in the healing and relaxation process.